It’s not a stretch to say that social media has radically changed how we communicate. With the click of a mouse or the tap of a touchscreen, we can reach, convey ideas, and share information to so many people at once. For some people, mediums such as Facebook and Twitter are preferred methods of communication over even phone calls and email.
Being able to tweet a status or post a video may seem to be a small matter. But here’s something worth considering: that ability is good for business. A lot of businesses use various platforms to become very successful. This means that your property management firm can stand to profit from social media. Here are a few reasons that you should consider using social media to help grow your business.
- It helps get your name out there. Social media gives you access to a tremendous pool of potential customers, since over two-thirds of the country uses it in some form. This can take your brand awareness to unprecedented levels, as research indicates that a high number of customers are influenced by information they find on social networking platforms.
- It allows you to identify your audience. One key to a successful enterprise is knowing who your target audience is, and social media has the tools to do just that. The comments on your posts or your videos can tell you what people think of your business. Seeing some of your tweets get re-tweeted can tell you how interested followers are in what you’re promoting. And with various other tools available, you can narrow down your demographic and find a profile of your most receptive audience members.
- It can build trust in your brand. One of the first things anyone will want to know about a company is their web address. A close second is whether or not that company has a social media account. While a website may generally go unchanged for long periods of time, a legitimate social media presence will show constant activity – which tells followers that the company is real, active and ready to serve them.
- It gives you great opportunities for conversion. To the average person, a post is just a chance to share their mood or what they’re doing at the time. To an entrepreneur or business owner, a post is a chance to engage a new customer. Anyone who views your content could follow up with a visit to your site, which can lead to a conversion. And let’s not forget the power of sharing. People tend to share and re-tweet content that they like, which means that your audience can become a powerful advertising engine on your behalf.
- It is very cost-effective. In many cases, it only takes a few hours a week using social media to generate more traffic. And it usually costs little – if anything – to have an account. Now look at that in comparison to the possible return on investment: being able to engage a wide spectrum of people, and potentially bring them to you as new clients.
Social media isn’t just for commenting on food pictures or giving a thumbs up to an inspiring quote. It is also a viable tool to help your business achieve new levels of success. If your property management firm doesn’t have a social media presence yet, consider getting started today. You may be surprised at the results.