New York, New York! It can be a great place to visit, but is it a great place to rent? Rent-stabilization and other rent-controlling laws make the rental market a sticky situation. Some of the situations are just too much. Ash on your clothes from a tenant below? This does not sound like a fun place to live. Construction in the same building that you’re living in, even while you’ve obtained a stop-work order? Sounds pretty skeptical to me. New York’s rental market will always be a hub for issues like these. In other news, we look at tax changes that can affect landlords or property managers looking to acquire more properties. Lastly, we also take a look a few things to check before acquiring a new tenant.
- New York has been the home of some of the craziest tenant-tenant and tenant-landlord situations ever! Take a look at some below:
- This couple is being driven out by construction in their New York apartment. Management says it does not violate the stop-work order because it is maintenance, not construction. More in the article below:
- Here’s another look at the rent-stabilization situation in New York. Tenants are paying more and more for rent and the landlords are profiting:
- Planning on purchasing a new property to rent? These plans to revise property tax regulations may apply to you!:
- Need to fill a vacant property? Need to replace a bad tenant? For any situation requiring a new tenant, here are a few things you should check to make sure you choose the right one: