What is going on this week in rental property? If you’re asking yourself this question then you have arrived at the right place. The Commercial Property Executive provide their three priorities of retaining tenants. Next, we see opportunity in the form of short-term rentals. With Airbnb and other short-term opportunities, legislation is taking shape. See more on these developments in our second article below. Following that, we see the property of whom I would not prefer being neighbors with, and I think you would agree. More legislation surfaces in the west from Arizona in our fourth article. Lastly, we see an event done by the city of Burlington, an attempt to make people more knowledgeable.
- See why The Commercial Property Executive thinks that the top three priorities of retaining tenants should be technology, sustainability and creating open-space plans:http://www.cpexecutive.com/newsletters/cpedaily-newsletter/other-daily-news/april-issue-property-management-the-budgeting-game/1004117317.html
- Short-term rentals are really taking off in Austin. Do you know your state’s/country’s laws that control short term rentals?:http://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2015-04-10/short-term-rentals-the-basics/
- Trash is an overgrown problem for this neighbor in North Austin. Are your tenants following city code?:http://kxan.com/2015/04/10/city-demands-tenant-to-clean-up-north-austin-eyesore/
- A piece of legislation queued up for the current Arizona governor “could allow landlords to discriminate against their tenants’ guests”. See the new rental property developments in this western state below:http://www.azcentral.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/04/08/advocates-urge-veto-landlord-guest-removal-bill/25498661/
- The city of Burlington is hosting a tenant and landlord event. The North Carolina Landlord Tenant Law & Rights Workshop aims to make everyone in the property business more knowledgeable. Could your business host an event like this to network and make your tenants more knowledgeable?:http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news/local/good-morning-show/2015/04/08/know-your-rights-as-tenant-landlord/25450621/