Picture this: your tenant does something HUGELY disastrous, and pandemonium ensues. What do you do? This week in rental property we peer into the looking glass of disaster. Nobody wants to entertain the thought of catastrophe, but it is inevitable. Whether its a fire breaking out or a bomb threat, as in our first two articles below, it is always a good idea to have precautions put in place for situations like these. On a lighter note, dating service is being implemented into rental property! More on this in our third link. Also in this past week, an extremely old South Carolina property deed was found. Property management truly is a part of history! Finally, we wander over to Cuba to discover who claims what in the property scramble.
- Fire! Tenant sets fire to his landlord’s home out of anger. Will you be prepared if your tenant goes crazy?:http://www.qchron.com/editions/south/tenant-set-fire-in-woodhaven-fdny/article_42288daa-a9d2-5ac4-838f-61e73ee2ccac.html
- Keep a watchful eye. This week a landlord found a homemade bomb on his property. Background checks for tenants are a must!:http://www.wwmt.com/news/features/national/stories/Landlord-finds-homemade-explosive-in-bedroom-closet-107439.shtml#.VRbt1_nF8Vh
- Need some office space? Looking to lease some office space? Crelow and other “dating service for office tenants and landlords” are trying to change the dynamic of the tenant-landlord relationship. See more in the article below:http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_27795172/online-dating-office-tenants-and-landlords-comes-denver
- A 350 year old South Carolina property deed has been found. Sometimes it is easy to get tied up in the mundane task of managing. So much so, that it sometimes overshadows how much history exists in the property management business:http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/2015/03/28/year-old-south-carolina-property-deed-conserved/70590998/***Can’t get enough history? Here’s a link to our rent history article.
- How do the changes between the US and Cuba affect the property distribution? Claims and more claims have created a sticky situation:http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2015/03/28/who-claims-what-property-seized-in-cuba-families-and-companies-seek-stocks-art/